Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the Karmayogi Mission 2020-21 for civil servants or government employees. This PM Karmayogi Yojana 2020 is a good initiative by the central government which aims to prepare Indian civil servants for the future by making them more creative, constructive, imaginative, innovative, proactive, professional, progressive, energetic, enabling, transparent & technology-enabled.
PM Karmayogi Scheme Mission will change the current loopholes in the system. There will be specific role-competencies and then after civil servant will be able to ensure efficient service delivery of the highest quality standards. The government will launch a digital platform named as igotKarmayogi.
Pradhan Mantri ShramYogi Mission 2020
National Program for Civil Services Capacity Building approved in today’s cabinet will radically improve the Human Resource management practices in the Government. It will use scale & state of the art infrastructure to augment the capacity of Civil Servants.
#MissionKarmayogi-National Program for Civil Services Capacity Building approved in today’s cabinet will radically improve the Human Resource management practices in the Government. It will use scale & state of the art infrastructure to augment the capacity of Civil Servants: PM pic.twitter.com/DQq9syc4F5
— ANI (@ANI) September 2, 2020
The national programme for civil services capacity building:
- It prescribes an annual Capacity building plan for all departments and services.
- Monitors the implementation of the capacity building plans.
- Massive Capacity building initiative to ensure efficient Service Delivery.
- It promotes technology-driven learning pedagogy.
- Strengthens common foundations and remove departmental silos.
- Sets Benchmarks in learning for public servants.
- The democratization of learning to cover all categories.
Read Also: PM Free Silai Machine Scheme
Mission Karmyogi Rules-based to Roles-based
- From rules-based to roles-based human resource management.
- Emphasis the role of Onsite learning in complimenting Offsite learning.
- Linking training and development of competencies of civil servants.
- Transforming training Institutions into centers of excellence.
- Ministries to directly invest and Co-create a common learning ecosystem.
- Focus on massive scale training on e-learning.
Karmyogi Scheme Mission
Six pillars of the national programme for civil services capacity building. Developing competencies to serve the citizen.
- Policy Framework
- Institutional Framework
- Competency Framework
- Digital learning Framework iGot-karmayogi.
- The electronic human resource management system.
- The monitoring and evaluation framework.
The total budget for this scheme
The government has estimated that approximately 46 lakh central employees will be trained under this mission. And a sum of Rs 510.86 crore will be spent over a period of 5 years from 2020-21 to 2024-25 in this mission. This expenditure is partly funded by multilateral assistance to the tune of $50 million.