Atmanirbhar Bharat App: PM Modi has launched Atma Nirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge for the techies or entrepreneurs with startups. To participate candidates have to apply online and get themselves registered on the Official Portal.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that we need the “Aatma Nirbhar App Ecosystem” in India. This challenge will identify the best Indian made apps that are already being used by people and have the potential to scale up and become world-class apps in their respective categories. The best-shortlisted apps will get a money prize, below we have shared detailed information on this Aatmanirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge.
Aatmanirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology in partnership with Atal Innovation Mission – Niti Aayog launches Digital India AatmaNirbhar Bharat Innovate Challenge to identify the best Indian Apps that are already being used by citizens and have the potential to scale and become world-class Apps in their respective categories.
This Innovation Challenge with various cash awards and incentives of featuring Apps on Leader Boards seeks to create an ecosystem where Indian entrepreneurs and Startups are also motivated to use their skills to make world-class mobile applications so that these tech solutions that can serve not only people within India but also the world.
This challenge is for you if you have such a working product or if you feel you have the vision and expertise to create such products. I urge all my friends in the tech community to participate.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) July 4, 2020
Aatma nirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge 2020 types of categories
This App Innovation Challenge is being launched in the given following 8 categories:
- Office Productivity & Work from Home
- Social Networking
- Health & Wellness
- Business including Agritech and Fintech
Note:There may be several subcategories within each category similar to these ones.
Indicative List Of Subcategories and Problem Statements
- A mobile application harnessing the most accurate facial and/or body mapping technology to allow for a true-to-life virtual try out of products like spectacles, clothes, etc.
- Mobile application for real-time speech-to-speech translation and camera translation of multiple languages.
- An automated web-based application that handles the business-to-business lead generation and cold emailing and is completely manageable from a mobile device itself.
- Application to use mobile devices as image scanners with features like on the fly image correction, image editing, text recognition, etc.
- Application to provide cloud storage integration, cross-platform file transfer via FTP or LAN, and a root browser on a mobile device
- Robust indigenous anti-virus software for mobile devices.
- Application to optimize mobile device’s performance by cleaning junk/cache files, optimizing device memory, and optimizing battery usage.
- A mobile-based live streaming platform for hosting webinars, lectures, etc.
- A mobile-based messaging and video calling application
- A mobile-based microblogging application
- A mobile-based news application that uses cutting-edge technology to recommend the most relevant and interesting news individually to each user.
- A mobile application offering satellite imagery and street maps, as well as functions such as a route planner for traveling by foot, car, or public transportation.
- A mobile-based online gaming platform which also functions as a social hub for gamers
- A mobile-based photo-editing application with all standard image editing features
Read Also: PM Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan
Key highlights of Atma Nirbhar Bharat App Challenge 2020
|Mission||Aatmanirbhar Bharat App Challenge|
|Launched By||PM Narendra Modi|
|Launched On||4th July 2020|
|Beneficiaries||Mobile App developers, techies, and startups|
Only Indian entrepreneurs and start-ups will be eligible for the registration and to submit their entries in various categories.
App Innovation Challenge Important Dates
|Online Apply Starting Date||4th July 2020|
|Registration Last Date Submission||18th July 2020 till 5:30 PM|
|Screening of Entries Received||20th to 24th July 2020|
|Evaluation by the Jury||27th July to 3rd August 2020|
|Final Announcement||7th August 2020|
App Innovation Challange Winner Prize Money
Given Below is the prize money for the main categories.
|First Prize||20 Lakhs|
|Second Prize||15 Lakhs|
|Third Prize||10 Lakhs|
If Sub Categories are created, the Prize Money for each subcategory is given below:
|First Prize||5 Lakhs|
|Second Prize||3 Lakhs|
|Third Prize||2 Lakhs|
Atma nirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge Online Registration
- To register your mobile apps, you have to visit the Official Website Link i.e innovate.mygov.in.
- Here on the Homepage, you have to click on the Digital India Aatmanirbhar Bharat Innovate Challenge.
- Now you will be redirected to a new page here details of this challenge is given and in the tabs given you will see Participate, and now you will see Login to Participate, click on it.
- Now on the login page, you can see the register link in the last, as we have shared in the image below. Click on the register button to apply online.
- Now you will have the online registration page in front of you. Now fill the details correctly and process your online application.
The process for online apply is very easy, you can scan the QR code or download it in your phone can from there it will be directly applicable to participate.
Winner Selection Procedure
The App must have following features:
- Ease of use
- Security features
There will be a two-stage Selection Process:
- 1st Stage – Screening of eligible entries
- 2nd Stage – Evaluation by Jury, with actual Demo
After all this, the jury with experts from Private Sector & Academia will evaluate these apps. Shortlisted Apps will be awarded & put on Leader boards.
Helpline and Customer Care
For any queries or help, you can send mail at email@example.com
For more details, you can visit the Official Website Portal Link i.e innovate.mygov.in/app-challenge/